SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weirdcatlady

What kind of under-counter lights do you have?

MizLizzie
6 years ago

And do you like them? Did you install them yourself? Pics and/links greatly appreciated! About the only thing I did not love about our kitchen renovation was the undercabinet lighting. The lights work on a wall switch, and give adequate lighting. But they are what I would call tape lights – – a row of tiny little LEDs on an adhesive strip with a thin, opaque cover. When the cover is off, they leave a reflection of dots on the countertop which I do not mind.

But they do slowly burn out — or burn down — which is disconcerting. Little brown dots appear on the opaque cover, so I have to remove it to get good light. Then eventually the lights just dim to nearly nothing. I think we have replaced all of them at least once now, and it is time again to do so. I have some serious visual problems, so I need a lot of light in the kitchen. I’m thinking of trying to put in some puck lights, but I don’t know what else is out there? And I wonder if I could do it myself? I know these tape lights came with a transformer, and the three separate strips plug into one another like a train. So that starts to sound complicated.

Thanks for any insight.

Comments (4)