SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cpartist

Sneak Peek/Preview - Cpartist's kitchen

cpartist
6 years ago

We actually moved into the house this past Friday. The house lives really well although there are still lots and lots of things wrong. The house is craftsman inspired. I had told my builder when we started that I wanted a house that at first glance looked like it had been built in the early 1920's and been renovated recently. Because it's a new build, it will never really fool anyone, but I wanted the feel of it.

Here's a sneak peek of my kitchen. Once the house is finally "finished" (HA!) and I have my counter stools, my knick knacks, window shades, stained glass backsplash, my paper towel holder and the wallpaper hung, I'll do a full reveal with open drawers, brands, close ups, etc. Thank you to all who helped clarify my vision. However feel free to ask any questions.

Looking from the dining area towards the kitchen. The island is quarter sawn white oak and matches the fireplace.

This is the view standing in the doorway to the friends' entry. Notice the fridge door only has a single knob on it? That's because the fridge doors and the dishwasher door was made as in inset, and I have European boxes with full overlay cabinets. Our fabulous jack of all trades put a knob on temporarily until the new doors come in so we are able to open and close the fridge.

FYI: Aisle width between island and fridge is 41".

I love, love, love my 48" wide aisle here.

Head on view between dining area and kitchen area. The distance between island counter and table is 59". Wallpaper will be going in the niche that is unfinished right now. Tall cabinet to right of fridge is DH's coffee cabinet.

Close up of the niche with the buffet I had designed with a fabulous woodworker 8 years ago. The buffet is lacewood inserts and cherry. Yes that is one of my drawings on the buffet. And the mat is the dog's.
View of the dining room. The door in the rear leads to the garage. And that wing leads to DH's study, the friends' entry and the powder room.
Here is a shot of the living room looking from the kitchen/dining area. I've ordered another sofa like the one shown and will have them facing one another on either side of the fireplace. Plus this rug is too small for the space, so I'll find another one. (Ignore the boxes that still need to be unpacked.)

Comments (75)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022