SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slim250

New home on wooded lot questions

slim250
6 years ago

My wife and I have 2.5 acres of wooded property that we are in the works of getting ready to build on (as long as it percs). Building company requires that I have driveway and lot cleared, along with driveway access done before they will start building. I would like to do as much of the site prep on my own before hiring a crew to come in and grade the driveway and then grade where the house will sit. So far I have cleared out all the large limbs, brush and cut the vines back where the house will sit and currently clearing out the path for where the driveway will go..about 450’. I’ve marked where I want the home to be set and right now need to figure out how to clear a path for water and electrical. The lot is not heavily wooded (dense), but a few trees will need to go to make a clear path. If looking at the lot from the road, my driveway will be on the left side which comes up to the house on the kitchen side and bed/bathrooms will be on right side of home. Does my water line from the road to house need to favor a side? (I.e The right side since there will be two bathrooms?) What about the electrical? Can that just follow along side the driveway (couple feet off) without any negative affects? Drive will just be gravel. I’ve also planned for the septic to be behind the rooms in backyard but debating on changing it to the front yard in case we decide to add on in the future, which then would change how I run my water line. Just need some guidance..first time builder and home buyer so want to make sure I’m doing this right.

Comments (11)