SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dovechaser

First Draft of kitchen

Cyndy
6 years ago

I posted a general kitchen floorplan and got some feedback. Put together this layout today. It is definitely a first draft - so be gentle. I completely forgot to put in the microwave. Also- the hood will be beefier - built in place by my husband or dad. The structure is pretty set, but the windows are flexible in exact location and size.

Here is the general kitchen floor plan (Ignore appliance and window placement in this 2d image). sorry I can't flip this to be the same as the 3d images. These are the only windows - plus the windows in the door (half at least).

View from above (Island counter was being uncooperative, so I took it off. ) There will be a 12" overhang and seating along the back of the island. To the very right of the wall cabinets is the "front" door and porch access (rare use). The island is 13' (ish). I need to get the sheet with exact dimensions... Storage for seldom used items in cabinets on backside of the island.

PANTRY- The wall to the left of the kitchen has a 52" wide, 24" deep Pantry that I am going to put interior doors instead of cabinetry (Wish I had an unlimited budget).

Counter to the left of the fridge is for me to leave the appliances I use daily out on the counter (blender, coffee grinder, instant pot- when in use). So they can be "out" but not front and center as this is open to dining and living.

This is the front of the island. I have a stainless apron sink. Left most cabinet is bookcase end, then but door cabinet, trash pullout, sink, DW, 12" cutting board/cookie sheet cabinet, 9" spice pullout and then another bookcase end. This needs some work.

Any ideas- thoughts? Want to burn it down before I start?! Need to get a microwave in there somewhere.

Comments (9)