SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cavitysearch12

Confused about kitchen counter/cabinet color

Ann
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We are buying a house with this kitchen. I liked the layout and how bright it is but really hate the generic brown countertops and cabinets. Unfortunately, its just not in the budget to reno a perfectly functional kitchen and I won't want to wasteful. But since I have to live with it I'm thinking of DIYing some updates. (Paint, change hardware, add some moulding/trim to the island, add backsplash etc)

I would ideally like very very pale gray cabinets but I don't know if that will go with the granite slab? I don't like all white cabinets but I have seen some pictures where white cabinets with brown granite didn't look too bad. I worry that the white will make the counters "pop out" even more. It is in the budget to maybe change out the counter top for just the island and also add a backsplash but not sure what to pick that doesn't clash with the granite and looks cohesive. I am really struggling with finding inspiration, I am open to suggestions and any advice. Thanks!

(The floor in the first picture is the hardwood that is currently throughout the dining area and kitchen, the vinyl on the other ones is an older picture. )

Comments (8)