SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blazedog37

Best CP35I309SB Hood versus Bosch 30" DHL755BUC Hood

Helen
6 years ago

I need to make a decision regarding an insert hood for my kitchen.

Salesmen recommended the Best CP35I309SB and discounted it from $980 to $699 as part of the mixed bag of appliances I am buying.

I am buying enough Bosch Benchmark appliances so that I am eligible for the 15% rebate which would bring the price of the Bosch DHL755BUC hood to $535.

In the scheme of the money pit that is my remodel LOL, the approximately $150 is negligible but still who wants to spend more than necessary on anything.

My venting needs are minimal as it is going over a 30" induction cooktop and I don't fry or otherwise cook anything that generates prodigious amounts of grease. My high rise condo is not air tight and I generally keep windows open in Los Angeles. FWIW I have never bothered using the nose maker that passes for a venting hood that was there when I moved in :-)

My chief concern is ease of cleaning. Based on ease of cleaning, I eliminated the Vent A Hood models. Reliability is also an issue although based on my minimal needs, I doubt whether anything but a true lemon would break down.

Some reviews on the Bosch don't like the lack of flexibility for the lighting. Not sure if that is overly picky on the reviewers' part. I don't currently use the light above the stove and have not had any issues not being able to see what I am cooking :-) I am installing lots of lighting in my kitchen remodel so adequate lighting would be even less of a theoretical issue.

Any reason not to go with the less expensive Bosch. The list price of the Bosch is less than the Best model but I don't necessarily think a higher list price means better quality so I am just throwing it out there since reviews seem to be more or less the same.

One model can be installed 24" to 30" above cooktop whereas the other must be installed no lower than 30" - I am not sure whether this matters as I don't have extraordinary design limitations.

Other suggestions welcome - I need an insert liner style as I am having a cabinet built over.

Comment