SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kfaragalli

superwhite quartzite install issues

6 years ago
Hello
I had my super white quartzite counters tops installed today and I’m not pleased. I attached a photo of the one seems - it’s terrible. The idea of going through the install again is not pleasing especially since it took them 9 hours today and I’m sure they won’t pay for replacement...I refused to sign off on the install. Last night the fabricator called saying that they were worried about the integrity of the slab and if we could use an over mount sink as opposed to under mount sink- I declined. She then told me that person who was going to cut the sink said he was 100 percent sure it would break. Then she said well maybe he is over reacting and they were going to cut.. I was at the fabricator when the cut the two slabs for the sink area (center seam in middle of sink) I looked carefully at the slabs I know that the material has fissures by nature but I didn’t feel a crack- now after in stall I see a obvious crack that was repaired- you can see where the epoxy changes the reflection on surface of the stone . Shouldn’t we have been told that they had made the repair? I don’t know what to do- I’m looking for advice - I feel like we were taken advantage of this was a hack job...thank you

Comments (16)