SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greeningthedesert

Is my Carob cutting propagation successful?

GreeningTheDesert
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hey guys,

Almost two months ago I visited my auntie, and cut few branches from her Carob tree, which I stuck in half bottles filled with sand, compost, and some gravel, and I've added on top some 20:20:20 NPK and some Humic Acid grains, and left in a partly shaded area with good protection from the wind.

Two months have passed, and I've noticed yesterday one cutting is showing new shoots, the cutting/branch is about 70cm long, and the new shoots are about 3-4cm, and I'm gonna take few pics in the morning iA and upload them here.

While searching on the net, I've found out that it's very hard to propagate carob from cuttings, and I'm worried what I'm seeing is a false flag of rooting the cutting, and transplanting it to the ground will kill it fastly, so what do you suggest to do? And is showing new shoots a real sign of growing roots too? Is it worth a try to put it in the ground or should I wait a little more? Any other suggestions?

P.S: I hadn't used any sort of growing hormone, I only scratched the thin bark and did stick it to the pot.

Comments (10)