SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

Muslim looking male image at news. Hacked?

petalique
6 years ago

I'm not sure how frequented in this forum, but I'll pose my question here before asking in a forum with more traffic.

I have an iPad that's 2-3 years old running 9.3.2

For the past couple of days, I've noticed the the thumbnail icon to the left of the NEWS (current Apple news highlights (that I access by swiping right at the home screen), has been replaced by a photo of a man in what I think of as Muslim attire. It's a very small image and I cannot read the Arabic looking script on the image.

Does anyone know what this means. I double that Apple news has suddenly gotten commingled with an Arabic news outlet?

Here are some images. And a few things to note that might help figure this out. In no particular order.

1. A well meaning relate went to a commercial "Find lost money" site and entered a lot of MY personal info. Name, address, email, blah blah. I have gotten a lot of spam since then (3 mo's ago) at my email w my name (I don't use it). I DO NOT OPEN any of the unsolicit you email, but just delete it.

2. A few weeks ago, I was looking to see if there was a way to watch MSNBC or CNN streaming via my iPad. I do not use any apps, btw. I found one site that worked for a week. Then found another that got shut down ("this was stollen from CNN").

I looked around a found site that offered nothing, but some of them look as though they might be in outer kabikistan, so I left.

I went back to the second free CNN, Fox, Russian, galupistan, any tv offerings streaming free, and got "lucky (?) with the strea,ing CNN being available again.

Uh oh? Am I viewing streaming CNN via a outlaw hacker supreme site? If so, What do I do? Is my iPad filtered up w cooties?

Here are some cropped screenshots of what I see. Anyone else get these guys? Know what it means?

Any tips for me? Do I boil my iPad for 2 days in bleach?

Thanks if any of you can help.

Screen shot. Doesn't look quite right, does it?

Anyone ever see this before or know what it means?

Comments (8)