SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westes

Euphorbia White Ghost Is This Planted Too Deep?

I have a Euphorbia White Ghost in my intensive care unit that I am trying to save. I left the plant out in direct sun and it is covered with sunburns. I have since retrieved the plant to a shaded porch and the sunburn on the healthiest plant is starting to resolve as "scabs" without becoming rot.

I have a separate thread here on a sister plant to this one where the root did start to rot, and I am probably going to lose that plant. If you go to the very last post in this thread I have photos showing how the sicker plant looks in the root area. Not good.

Back to the healthier plant that is the subject of this post. Do I have this plant too deep in the soil? Even though I have not watered for a month, and even though the main part of the gritty mix is quite dry, there is a lot of slimy moisture around the base of the plant. It is not soft and there is no sign of major rot. But it does not feel right. I do not understand why water is staying at the base of the plant. Do I need to pull the plant up a little and support it with stakes?

Comments (28)