SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buttoni_8b

My "Sun Flare" rose bush is finally blooming.

buttoni_8b
6 years ago

I planted this Jackson & Perkins thornless rose bush because I had such a beautiful one down on the coast in Texas City. That thing just bloomed, and bloomed and bloomed hundreds of clusters of beauty by my swimming pool. Then suddenly in its 4th season, it was attacked by I think "scale" and I lost it despite Trojan attempts save it.

Then we moved up here to Temple. Have been looking for one of these ever since. The lady before me at this yard selected only thorny roses throughout the landscape. I hate thorns with a passion and so does my husband. J&P mailed me something full of thorns, although labeled Sun Flare 2 years ago. It was hardly worth shipping back and complaining it was a substitute. So I planted it, but the thorny whatever rose died on me. By now I was doubly angry about the whole affair.

Well, stubborn person that I am, I risked ordering another Sun Flare from J&P this year and told them DO NOT SUBSTITUTE as you did 2 years ago! I got the thornless Sun Flare ordered this time! Didn't bloom much last year when I set it out. Watered it religiously though. This year, it looks like the roots are established enough that it is going to like its new home.

Comments (4)