SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jendave99

Might buy - but needs so much!!

6 years ago
We came across a property that has a perfect commercial space for our business, a great ADA “in-law space” for my elderly aunt & enough land to put a small manufactured home for my mom. However, while the main house has a good layout, it needs a total face lift. I would like to do this move for the sake of everyone else, but (not to sound selfish) I really don’t want to live in an ugly house. The things I like; are the open floor plan & the high ceiling, the things I know I need to change are definitely the kitchen & the baths. Also, I don’t know what to do about all of the wood? I don’t like all of the wood trim and the hollow wood doors. I’m more of a dark wood & white kinda girl. (think Joanna Gaines - ) But how in the world can I achieve that when everywhere I look there is pine (or is it oak) idk. Then there is the exterior!! My husband says painting the brick would be crazy, that it just needs an updated front porch. I don’t want to be Debbie downer and veto the entire thing, but I’m worried that the cost is going to get way too out of control and I don’t have a clue where to begin. Any thoughts? Any design advice would be super appreciated!!

Comments (24)