SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canashaw

Advice for back porch door and window design dilemma?

canashaw
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello,

We are expanding our back patio and need suggestions on what to do with the current back door and window configuration. We replaced our old back door with a new half-lite entrance door last year. What we didn't think about was the fact that the grill style of our windows wouldn't really go with the door. From the inside, it doesn't bother us, but as we are redesigning and expanding the back porch, it is more of an aesthetic issue. My husband suggested dropping the window down so that it is even with the top of the door, and removing the grills. I am not certain that will be enough. We are not opposed to changing the window, but would like to keep the newer door. When the steps are finished, they will be bluestone treads with gray/black stone with a black railing. The basement window will be removed.

On the interior there is wall space (about 8 feet) to the left of the door. My husband is a very talented home remodeler so creative ideas are welcome.

The porch steps down from our kitchen, otherwise I would love to do a pass through window with bar stools on the exterior.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give us.

Comments (9)