SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattyk_64

Tile much different than sample

pattyk_64
6 years ago

Hello everyone, a little hiccup in the ensuite portion of our renovation. I picked what I thought was a nice, soft, marble look porcelain tile and what I came home to was very different than I expected. Most people that I've show these photos to, or in real life can't believe that the tile installed is the same as the same, but the supplier insists that it is. When I came home to see it, I was very upset, it looked far bolder/dramatic than I wanted or expected. I texted my supplier and she called me, tried to calm me down. She mentioned that there is variation in marble tile, which I understand, but I did not feel that the sample was at all representative of the one that was installed. It sounds like they are not interested in making any changes for me, that if I want something else, it will be my dime. So, now that a week has passed, I don't hate the tile as much as I did a week ago, but tbh, I still wouldn't pick it, had I been presented with an image of what it might look like. What would you do, would you fight it?

Tile I picked: (the grey tile is on my floor, and I love that one)

Tile I got:

If I keep it, there is one tile they will replace because it's duplicated side by side. It's at the row above the shower controls, far left. It's not grouted, and I realize that will quiet it a bit. What are your thoughts?

Comments (23)