SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychic27

Venetian Gold granite - cabinet paint

Christina H.
6 years ago
I have finally figured out that our granite is Venetian gold in our kitchen. I have posted pictures of it, but the pictures make it look more yellow than it is so I thought having the name might help. The walls are repose grey. I want to paint our cabinets either a white or off-white. What is the best off-white color to paint cabinets that will work with Venetian Gold granite? I don't want something that will look super yellow. I can't decide between simply white, cloud white, or white dove. Thanks in advance.

Comments (42)

• Boxerpal
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Maybe you can get some samples and paint them on large pieces of cardboard. Go to BM store and search for some paint samples. I wish I could tell you which one would be best but every granite slab is slightly different. And in your space with your lighting, textures, windows .. can alter the color slightly. I love Revere Pewter by BM it has this uncanny ability to change colors in light. It can be warm or cool which might work with your warm counter. I love White Dove but I would just make sure it goes with your counter top.

These are great by Restoration Hardware SW Latte Butter, Behr Toffee Crunch SW Rice grain

Here is a great link and I think she does online consultations

https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/benjamin-moore-revere-pewter/

And this one is Amazing Grey by SW a photo from Pinterest, and yes this is venetian gold granite

Christina H. thanked Boxerpal
  • FeatherBee
    6 years ago

Of your three choices, go with Dove white. I have Simply White and it's stark in my opinion. Since your granite calls for something less harsh, Dove ought to work.

Christina H. thanked FeatherBee
  • Related Discussions

Help w/ Venetian Gold Granite picking cabinet color/paint/BS

Q

Comments (3)
    I think you've got a great place to start, very large and open. There's not much room for a microwave over the stovetop though? Anyway, can you paint the walls more of a greige that is so popular, somewhere between the gray you wanted, but still pickup the beige tones in the granite. Breezy's cabinets are BM Simply white, which looks really nice. All the best on your reno!
    ...See More

Venetian Gold granite

Q

Comments (34)
    Laurie: Thanks for responding. I am in my own color H$#$#! I have tried every green you can think of and I get this kind of hazy look over my granite, golds look better but cause all of the other colors in the granite to go blah while all of the gold chips stand up and salute you. What a chore this is turning out to be! I did get a suggestion to try Huntington Beige by BM, very rich color that has a green undertone to it, anyone ever use it in a kitchen if so please post pictures I am dying to finish this project.
    ...See More

Help Choosing Granite - New Venetian Gold?

Q

Comments (9)
    Your cabinets look really nice. I have had a new appreciation for oak. Assuming they were originally stained and good quality you might want to consider having them stripped and refinished either with a stain you prefer or natural (different natural finishes may not 'orange' as much. Then find a counter that compliments the warm tone of the oak. Definitely bring a sample of whatever cabinet finish you are considering (or keeping the same) to look at the counters at the fabricator. You will be surprised how subtle some of the differences can be. Good luck.
    ...See More

Help coordinating floor & shower tile w/ Venetian Gold granite counter

Q

Comments (2)
    "This is not our forever home so I would prefer to be budget savvy/conscious . . . " Nothing about what you're proposing seems budget savvy/conscious. Here's a question: If the shower hadn't leaked would you be doing anything to the bathroom at all besides painting? Why not just repair/rebuild the existing shower area and be done with it? That would the most budget savvy and in keeping with it not being your forever home. A complete bathroom gut and remodel (which is the path you're on) is not.
    ...See More
  • Christina H.
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I've decided on Dove White after painting a large poster board. Now I just need one more color for the lower cabinets since I'm doing two toned.

• PRO
    Aqua Kitchen and Bath Design Center
    6 years ago

I just wanted to say Dove White and I saw you already decided. :) What color would you like to go with on the lower cabinets? Do you want to create a contrast?

• Christina H.
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I'm not looking to have striking contrast. I'm looking to keep it neutral since the granite is loud. I'm thinking either a dark medium grey or a dark grey. Here are some pics I have found. Also, the walls are repose grey so I could certainly stay in the same strip but go darker. Here are a couple pics I've been drawn to... It's very neutral but I can liven it up with decor.

• giaagg
    5 years ago

Hello, I would love to know what color you picked for your lower cabinets. I have Venetian Gold granite as well and i am going with Dove white for the upper cabinets. I just cant find the right shade of warm grey/Taupe to go with the granite. My floors are also almost the same as yours :) Thanks!

• S G
    5 years ago

anyone pick their cabinet colors yet? I have same granite and we are remodeling.

• Christina H.
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Sorry for the delay! My projects have been put on hold due to all of our summer activities. I have not chosen a bottom cab color yet but I am open to suggestions. I'm thinking of a more greige color to tie the granite in with my neutral gray walls
  • Ashleigh Verdier
    5 years ago
    okay, I'm in the same pickle at my house. I just bought it and I'm renovating now. I painted the walls Alpaca gray, a shade more brown than repose gray. I have been thinking about using dove white for the trim. I'm debating between gray lowers and white uppers. my mom and sister think gray doesnt work with the granite because there's so much gold/mustard. I really hate the granite but can't afford to change it, so I have to work with it. I changed the door pulls to oil rubbed bronze bars that are almost black, they work with the hinges and pull in the black in the counters. I have stainless and black appliances, and I'm doing aged brass lights. I'm looking at Zurich white, windfresh white, and eider white for the cabinet uppers. I have no idea what to do for the lowers, requisite gray is a definite no. I saw amazing gray on cabinets with this granite on pinterest but I havent seen in person. the cabinets now are a really creamy, yellow off white and its clashes with my gray walls. If anyone has any thoughts I appreciate it. Hopefully this helps someone else deal with this granite. I don't understand why this is consider a go to granite since literally nothing I own goes with it.
  • BETTY
    4 years ago

Im so happy I found this tread. Same exact boat....

What are you guys doing for the lowers ? I think I may do white dove for the uppers... lots of research is pointing to that direction.

did going two tone make it look too busy? My backslash is the Venetian gold granite too.

• BETTY
    4 years ago

Countertops and backspalsh ....

• Nicole Gomez
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

SO glad I found this thread. My walls are repose grey, Venetian gold granite and I want to paint my cabinets. I was thinking a white dove* but after doing more research, I’m not sure of how the cream and cool repose grey will go. I did start painting cabinets in my restroom SW Urbane Bronze and absolutely LOVE it. I have white ceramic sinks so it looks great. I’ve put the painted cabinet door next to the Venetian granite and it looks great. The plan was to do the island Urbane Bronze but I still need to figure out the cream color

• C T
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Looks fantastic! Your walls are Anew Grey? Does that room get a lot of light? We are painting the cabinets BM China White and have Venetian Gold counters. Trying to decide on a wall color. Looking at SW Balanced Beige and BM Thunder and Pashmina.

• CJ
    3 years ago

I have oak cabinets that I want to paint white. I love the look of a warmer granite like venetian gold. Right now we have old oak cabinets, laminate counters, and linoleum floors. I want to paint the cabinets white, put in a granite like venetian gold or something similar that has tan, gold, cream, grey and black or something like that. I also want to replace the floor.... and I'll paint the walls to match. Your kitchen came out great. Can you give me all of the details please? I also need a backsplash. Thank you for your inspiration!

• Marina Sandberg
    3 years ago

I’m so happy I found this thread. We have Venetian gold granite and cherry cabinets. Looking to paint them white 50% Swiss coffee but I can’t find a island base color. Looking at a walrus gray or SW urbane bronze. Is there any others colors you can suggest in the gray line for our island base?

• jlj48
    3 years ago

It turned out beautifully! So glad you trusted your instincts!

• HU-543143196
    3 years ago

As others, I’m happy I found this thread. I think I have Venetian gold countertops and I’m getting ready to paint my cabinets. I’m thinking Behr’s Bit of Sugar because that’s the color in my dining room and trim in the little breakfast nook that is all one room essentially. I‘m also planning on taking down the tile backsplash and changing it to headboard for that farmhouse/country style. Should I do a different color for the bottoms or trim or just keep it all Bit of Sugar? Another thing is that I’m making the counter/bar into a true island. When all is said and done I plan on painting the cabinets and what have you Behr’s Laguna Blue to bring in the blue elements and possibly change to a butcher block countertop. I’m open to suggestions and ideas. Ignore the craziness, but this is a general idea of my kitchen. Also, flooring will be redone...but not sure. Maybe hardwood throughout the whole downstairs.

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

It’s all about the lighting and which way ur room faces. The lightbulbs are another beast to deal with !! That effects the color toooo!! I have tried the following whites in my kitchen. I have Venetian cold granite and want to flip my kitchen to a fresh updated clean luck I am stuck in Italy and want to get out!

Sherman Williams pure white very creamy with a touch of yellow

Benjamin Moore simply white had a tinge of green

Benjamin Moore white dove looked creamy and yellow tinge

Benjamin Moore chantilly lace very crisp and bight compared to the others

Benjamin Moore Swiss coffee way too creamy

Benjamin Moore decorators white had a blue tint

Sherman Williams pure white not as crisp looks creamy with slight yellow tinge.

Chantilly lace was the cleanest crisp white color that I think would give me that flip into a more modern kitchen and out of Italy

Still undecided on the island which is currently painted black and it doesn’t bother me at all but I’m not sure how I feel about the black and white kitchen.

I definitely want to paint the island a different color but I don’t feel that gray or tope or greige is the way to go. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.
    I think I’m going with. The way things worked out is that the backsplash came out first and replace with white subway tile and light bath grout I did have Sherman Williams pure white picked but then when I saw it in the kitchen with the new backsplash it didn’t work so I think I’m gonna go with Chantilly lace The last picture is a close-up of what the vision could possibly look like the kitchen cabinets are still not painted. This is definitely a stressed out situation but I do believe it can be done. Just don’t rush it

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

Sorry for the typos. Light buff power grout by tec is the perfect color to pair with the granite

• User
    3 years ago

Don’t take advice from someone who calls the company Sherman Williams. Go to the Kitchen Cabinet Painting Experts Group on FB for both technical and aesthetic professional advice. You can get professional results, but only if you are willing to take the time to use a professional process, and not homeowner grade house paint.

• Rachel Wesley
    3 years ago

Your kitchen looks great. I am in the Process of choosing new backsplash and cabinet paint colors to go with my new Venetian gold granite. I was looking at white dove or Swiss coffee for the cabinets. Did you paint your ceiling and moulding the same as your cabinets? I read that if you use an off white on the cabinets you should Use the same color everywhere else you would use white. Just wondering if that’s what you did. Also could you post an up close photo of your granite. It looks maybe lighter hen mine. Mine has a lot of gold tones. Do you know what color your back splash is? It looks similar to the one I picked out from lowes. I’m just not sure if it goes with my counters. It is a griege color. thank you

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

My color choices right now is sw pure white or Bm Chantilly lace. My existing molding in my dining area which is one big room is painted super white and around my door is painted linen white and honestly you cannot tell. Only I can. I will be changing out the linen white since it looks dingy. It’s all about the lighting in your room is where it really comes down to it. The painter was here yesterday because we’re getting ready to start on Monday and he said let me prime the cabinets first and then you put up your two door samples to choose because right now the brown is getting in the way. I tried every off-white you could imagine. I’m Looking for a clean crisp white without being too stark because I think that will give it the flip that is needed to update and get me out of “Italy”. With regards to the molding connecting when the cabinets get painted we shall see but honestly I don’t think it’s gonna be that big of a deal because I have white mold and connecting to my cabinets and it doesn’t bother me at all. Lots of people tell me don’t overthink it and that’s what I’ve been doing. I’ll keep up posted with updated pictures. But this is a real feel with regards to the picture below and it’s looks bright and fresh.

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

Benjamin more super white

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

Dining area. Molding is super white and around doors and window is linen white.

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

At the end of the day the granite is the boss! That must be taken into consideration. Since my new backsplash and current brown cabinets I have had a bunch of parties since then and everyone that comes and sees it absolutely loves the backsplash. If I left my old backsplash then I think any off-white paint would’ve been perfect because it would’ve been the only white in the room so if you choose a backsplash that is not white I don’t think you can go wrong with any white that you’re picking as long as it’s an off-white because it will look bright and crisp being that it’s the only white in the room.

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

This is definitely a stressful project and has lost many nights sleep over this but I’m over it! 🤣

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

So I have to say this has been one of the most stressful do overs I have ever endured!!! It’s finally done and happy with the outcome. BM chantilly lace is the color of the cabinets. I will say. It’s worth the money to get the sample in the Exact paint for the cabinets. My painter used Inslex and I bought wall paint to sample. The color is slightly off amd much brighter than I anticipated but it is what it is and what’s done is done! If only I knew!!!

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

Before

• ualemp7424
    3 years ago

I have a kitchen remodel in process right now as we speak and I did so much research on this issue and you want to choose a paint that has the same undertones as your counter! so I have venetian gold so my undertones have to be yellow / beige / orange ... I am thinking of BM white sands and Dove white for the walls ... its the new greige look

• PRO
    User
    3 years ago

Here are some favorite warm whites and greiges that work with warm bones.

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

Also there’s a color discrepancy so for all you painting your cabinets whatever Painter you decide on make sure your sampling the paint in the exact paint that he is using to paint your cabinets because all along I was using Benjamin Moore wall paint little sample cans when the painter was using Benjamin Moore cabinet paint and yes I do believe that there is a color discrepancy. Also when choosing Chantilly lace Benjamin Moore alerted me that it has a coverage problem and 99% will not cover and two coats. So with that you need to keep painting the cabinets until the color is a solid white who knew! I could tell you my painter didn’t!!!

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

Completely devastated is an understatement!!! 😭😭😭😭😭🤯🤯🤯🤯🤬🤬🤬🤬😭😭😭😭😩

• ualemp7424
    3 years ago

Thanks for the info I will ask him about the type of paint he is using in BM

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

Inslx is the bottom of the barrel when it cComes to Benjamin Moore cabinet paint. Benjamin Moore advanced cabinet paint or better when choosing

• Ellen Crowe
    3 years ago

Deborah I also am choosing a white cabinet color to use with my VG granite. I love your Chantilly Lace! Why don't you like it and what color do you think you would choose if you did it again. I would really like white cabinets and not cream. The appliances I inherited are white. When they fail I will replace them with stainless but don't have the money to do everything now

• ualemp7424
    3 years ago

i just got done with my kitchen ...

• Deborah Zito
    3 years ago

I’m getting use to it. It’s definitely a white our shock for sure. I feel that it’s very chalky and stark . I also don’t like the finish. It looks matte even though it’s satin. Maybe it’s the cheap paint. If I were to do it over I would look at Sherman Williams pure white in emerald cabinet paint. It definitely is a breath of fresh air walking in. I do not regret the flip only hiring the wrong painter. Maybe if I saw the paint chantilly in BM advance it may look different. You have to sample colors in exact paint u are using. Please! And thank you for the compliment. Best of luck on your painting!

• Ellen Crowe
    3 years ago

ualemp7424 what color did you paint your cabinets?

• ualemp7424
    3 years ago

white sands from BM

• Jessica
    3 years ago

This is helpful! Our kitchen, pictured below. It opens up to a slew of different rooms. I posted a "HELP!!!" post for more detail, but I would love some guidance as well. We bought the house in August so I don't know the paint colors (so many cans with bad labels) other than they used BM for the most part. I don't want to paint the cabinets. THANKS!

Our Kitchen (1837 home, with additions) · More Info

• Ac Lb
    2 years ago

I’m so glad I found this thread! I’m also painting my cabinets to match my gold granite. We’re planning on painting them alabaster white to match our walls and backsplash. Your after pictures are giving me hope! I still haven’t made a final decision on cabinet paint color.