SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kikiganz_gw

Help w/ Venetian Gold Granite picking cabinet color/paint/BS

kikiganz
12 years ago

Hi -

We just purchased a home that was a foreclosure. The bank did minimal updates and more updates are needed. One update they did do was granite countertops in the kitchen and they chose venetian gold. However, we still need to install backsplash, new appliances, and paint the cabinets. If I had been able to choose the countertops I would have chosen a white marble or granite with hints of blue; painted the cabinets bright white; and done a grey paint in the house. I have been trying to make that work with the Venetian Gold and, as you can imagine, have not had any luck. Therefore, I decided to step back and take a new look at it. Therefore, keeping in mind the granite is staying, we are installing stainless steel appliances, and the hardwoods are being stained a dark color (like espresso) I would love suggestions on:

1. what color we should paint the cabinets (cannot be stained unfortunately)

2. What we should do with the backsplash (keeping in mind a microwave is going in over the stovetop so an focal point design is not an option).

3. What color we should paint the walls.

I have included pics of how it looks now. Thanks for any suggestions!

K

P.S. They are using a telescopic (sp?) lens and the kitchen is not as large as they make it seem.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (3)