SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldie212115

Interior Shutters... Light Leakage Too Inconsistent Or Too Picky???

Carla Harmon
6 years ago
Just had shutters installed...hefty investment, but I bought from the best in the biz, so knew it would be worth it.

I absolutely love them, no complaints, but just have a concern about this window seems to have the most inconsistencies with light leakage...

Though this one gets direct sunlight, a few others that also are exposed to same amt of direct sunlight at different times of day do not show the same inconsistencies... Even when going through the motions of giving them that final brush up for full closure...

I also, realize that shutters will not block out light 100%... But some louvers seem closed tighter than others... If that makes sense.

Any pro insight/feedback appreciated... Guess it wouldn't be so bad if the expectation was set from the beginning that there would be this much light leakage with a window facing direct sunlight...

Notice the difference. One window, in my bedroom (photo 2) is receiving the same direct sunlight does not seem to have that light gap issue as the the larger window does (photo 1).

Anyhow, thanks for reading!!!

Comments (7)