Native plants to grow in wet edging Z7

ann brot

I'm from MD near DC, zone 7, and I'm having a runnoff problem with my garden. One spout empties right into the edging of one of my native flower gardens and wipes the edging out. I was wondering if there was a native plant I could plant there that would keep the water from flowing all the way down the edgng or overflowing onto the grass therefore wasting the rain. We have a rain barrel already in our vegetable garden. I have smallish plants behind it so don't want any large plants, plus it's in the shade. Thank you so much! (Hope this was the right forum to ask this question.)

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Look at what rain garden plants are suggested for your area. These tend to be predominately native species but that nativity will be dependent on region :-)) What works in my climate and locale will not be the same as what works well in yours.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides 7 New Plants to Grow for Beautiful Foliage
Add color, structure and interest to your garden with these recently introduced plants that sport exceptional foliage
Full Story
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Anemone Canadensis Adds Pizzazz to Water’s Edges
Plant Canadian anemone along pond, lake or stream edges for a splash of white flowers in late spring
Full Story
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Grow Blueberries for Their Fruit and More
Eastern gardeners should consider growing blueberry plants for their delicious fruits, bee-friendly spring blooms and brilliant fall foliage
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Fitzgerald Home Furnishings has everything for your home's interior - all under one roof! We have quality... Read More