SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kali_deere

Finally starting

kali_deere
6 years ago

So I posted this on the dahlia forum, but I know not all my friends from this board go to that forum so I thought I'd share and hear what you all are up to :)

I’m starting my dahlias and glads indoors I have a small study (I never use it as an actual study, rather a “makeup and plants” room haha), that gets great light so I’ve put them all in that room.

At first I put the dahlias in the wrong kind of mixture (potting soil), so today I realized my mistake and put them in a soil-less mix with coconut coir, vermiculite and spahgnum peat moss. As I was gently removing them from the potting soil I noticed that in a single week they’d already started developing roots and sending up some teeny little shoots!

The glads I left in their potting soil/perlite mix since I feel like my glads tend to do well when they’re in a bit of a denser material (last year they seemed to thrive in my heavy, clay, water logged soil hahah), so I’m not super worried about the soil medium.

Happy days ahead and wanted to share! What are you all doing to prepare your frost-tender plants?

Comments (6)