SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sydney_foe

My plants are dying? What am I doing wrong?

Sydney Foe
6 years ago

So I have a medium sized pot of like 8in diameter and 6 inches deep or so. I have filled with a cactus soil in perlite mix of 60/40.I have 5 plants in that pot. The two that I notice are dying are kalanchoe blossfeldiana and echeveria painted lady. The kalanchoe was blooming and after a week or two I noticed that flowers were starting to droop. Since that I have stopped watering since last time one died it was over watered. Its been a week or so since I've watered I think. Then in the past day or two I noticed the painted lady's only stem thing was starting to droop as well. I still haven't watered then at all. I knew lighting in my dorm room was an issue so I did buy a plant light, shown in the 3rd pic. I'll turn the light for a few hours everyday so they get some light. I do not have a good watering schedule either, I was watering when the soil felt super dry and I wasn't soaking the whole pot when I watered either. I do not know what I need to do to fix this. Any help is greatly appreciated. And if more info is needed I will gladly provide it.

Comments (6)