SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

Have to share my great new hair stylist

eld6161
6 years ago

The stylist I used for many years opened her own salon. Along with this came a new location (an office building the next town over) and new products. I wasn't too keen on the parking garage but it wasn't a deal breaker. Her new products, which she raved about, made my head itch! She tried putting on a second product.....anyway ugh. Time to find someone new.

I asked a gym buddy who has a lovely haircut. But.....hers only works on Saturdays. He's winding down. He recommended another woman in his salon. I used her a few times, she is acceptable, but not great. Also, they only accept cash. This bothered me.

She also kept giving me reminder calls. I don't need to be reminded to get my hair done!

A nail salon I use is upstairs from a hair salon. On a fluke, I stopped in. I met "L" and she looked at my hair and told me to wait until the next cycle and to make an appointment.

I liked this right away. My hair at that point was certainly long enough to have another haircut but she felt I could wait.

I had my hair cut today and also asked about a colorist there. As we were talking, I mentioned how I guess my next haircut would be soon to match up with the color appointment. She told, that I could wait and get my hair cut every other time because sometimes it takes a while for the cut to come into itself. I was amazed! I have never had a stylist talk me out of getting frequent haircuts.

The icing on the cake is that I like what she did today and now have a new stylist.

Comments (21)