SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen_rizzo10

First home design help needed!

jen_rizzo10
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello--my husband and I have recently moved into our first home and I'm having a difficult time with designing the living room space.

I love beige, grey and soft blue/green colors like the dusty miller leaf, but I've found that everything is starting to look very drab. I would love to include a bold blue that you see on mid century modern furniture, but I'm having a hard time visualizing how it would all play together and whether it would look too disjointed with the furniture I already have.

I am planning on moving the needlepoint chair (which is a family heirloom) to one side of the grey sideboard and would like to purchase two additional arm chairs for the space but don't know where it's best to arrange all the furniture to allow for flow of traffic and conversation. I also need a coffee table and end tables with table lamps or floor lamps. Any design ideas for furniture layout and color palette would be amazing!

NOTE: please disregard the dining room area. While I absolutely love the mid century modern dining room table I feel the wood is too dark for the space AND I haven't purchased chairs yet, hence the folding chairs there now.

Comments (26)