SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srb2398061

Am I the only cook that "sprawls"?

Anglophilia
6 years ago

I had my DD and her DH and my two grandsons for dinner last night - belated celebration of DGS1's 18th birthday (how the heck did THAT happen so quickly!). I served a simple meal - made two cheese souffles, fresh asparagus, Sister Schubert rolls, and angel food cake with whipped cream and fresh berries for dessert.

Remember - no "open concept" in my kitchen, so there are 4 walls with some countertop on them. I used all 4 plus my Ikea island cart! I had everything but the whipped cream, laid out on it so it was easy for the boys to serve the DR. My sink and countertops were in use as I'm very big on mise en place. Counter next to stove was for plates to be served, and rolls in toaster oven. Countertop on refrig wall and long wall opposite stove, was in use for beating egg whites for the two souffles (had used it for the angle food cake the day before).

I look at so many kitchens here in GW and my first reaction is always that they don't have nearly enough counter space!

Are any of you cooks who like to spread things out? Or am I just odd (okay, don't answer that - I know I am!)?

Comments (13)