SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_young85

Help me decide on kitchen cabinet colours by tomorrow!

Stephanie
6 years ago

I'm desperate for houzzers opinions! I am moving into a new home in which we totally gutted the very open concept living room/dining room/kitchen. We've decided to go with an Ikea Kitchen, and have chosen the Bodbyn Style cabinets. The problem is that I keep flip flopping between the white and the grey, or mix of both.

Original plan.....all white cabinetry, grey island, BM revere pewter walls, trim and doors BM cloud white. However.....my kitchen and dining room cabinets are connecting, and I just can't shake the feeling that the dining room cabinets should not be white. I think it will look too much like a kitchen and not like a dining room.

I thought about doing all grey.....but I worry about it making the room too dark. I want lots of light. I do have four windows in the room though, and with a light colour paint, maybe this won't be an issue.

Now I am thinking, white cabinets in the kitchen area, grey island and grey dining cabinets. The kitchen and dining room cabinets are connected, however, kitchen cabinet bases are 24" and dining room cabinets are 15" bases so there some sort of definition here, although originally I thought that it would look weird having the white uppers in the kitchen touching the grey uppers in the dining room.

I am going to try to attach pictures for better clarification of what I am talking about, but please ask if I have left anything out! The short white wall is going to be the East Wall, and the green wall where the fridge and stove are in the pictures is where the dining room will be. I am going to try to attach the kitchen drawings but not sure if that will work. Ikea Plans

ikea web address

Comments (15)