SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salicando

Help me decide on a wood look tile, have to purchase tomorrow!

5 years ago

Hi all, I have a 1959 ranch-style house in Florida, about 1450 sq ft, so not big. I’m having the ugly older tile replaced with a wood-look tile. when I’m done with all my remodeling, I’d like the house to have a clean and bright feeling.

I‘ve found that most of the wood look tiles have a matte texture that drives me nuts (not in a good way). To me the worst feeling is a piece of unfinished wood (like a wooden kitchen spoon...*shivers*) And that’s what these tiles remind me of. So it’s been difficult to find tiles that I can live with. Anyway, here are the 2 that made the cut.

The lighter one (“1st” choice) is what my family likes. the texture is better than the others but not what I would like it to be. It’s called “Bradford Natural” from F&D. The darker one is “Acacia” from Lowe’s, and has the slightly glossy texture that feels better to me but I worry it will be too dark or too red.

Whatever I choose will be in my whole house except the bathrooms. Kitchen cabinets will be the IKEA Bodbyn off-white, and I’m strongly leaning to Atlantic Salt quartz countertop. attaching a pic of that too with a butcher block counter next to it.

Opinions? Here I’ll attach a few other pics to show the style and feeling I’m after.

Comments (18)