SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tubless

My Day Today

Georgysmom
6 years ago

Went to the funeral for a dear friends hubby today. DH dropped me off at the front of the church because my bad knee is acting up. My achilles tendon on my right foot is inflamed, causing me to limp and the limping has irritated my bad knee (torn cartilege and arthritis) on my left leg. My knee doesn't usually hurt much so I live with it. Cannot take anything because I'm on Eliquis (a blood thinner). DH asked me to save a seat at the end of the pew and I did. However, he was told the downstairs was full so he went up to the balcony. After the service, I waited out front for him to pick me up. He expected I would walk back to the parking lot where he was parked (I don't know why, since he dropped me off out front) but when I didn't show up, he decided I went back with one of my many friends who attended the service, so he went home without me! It was 46 degrees and rainy here today. I did not have a coat on, just a sweater and turtle neck because I figured I was just walking from the car to the church and the church to the car. I stood out in the cold and rain for 45 minutes, afraid to leave because he was going to come along any minute. Finally walked to a WAWA store and asked one of the college kids with a cell phone (I didn't have mine) if they would please make a call for me.....no answer. Stood outside for another half hour in case once he got to the reception he would realize I wasn't there and come and get me. No such luck, he didn't go to the reception. I finally asked another college student to call my house again. Finally, he answered. So, I stood out in the rain and freezing cold for an hour and a half. I don't know what he was thinking, but I was not a happy camper. He came down to make me some dinner, and apologize but I had already made myself a piece of pizza. I think he knew how upset I was when he saw the glass of wine, since I rarely drink!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm