• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Roseanne. The only show MP watches. :)

• Related Discussions

Ants?? Need your opinions tonight!!

Q

Comments (8)
    Huh... When I have dealt with cutworms, they have always taken out my plants right at the base. The other thing that makes me think a rodent of some sort is the evidence of nibbling on the leaf hidden behind that broken stem and that thepkant behind it looks like it was trampled over. Also, where is the rest of the one that was completely severed? If the op did not remove it, it was probably eaten, and that would definetly be rodent...if the op did remove that, then I agree cutworms could be a possibility.
    ...See More

Heads up! Westminster Dog Show! Tonight!

Q

Comments (5)
    I missed it myself too Sarah... but nobody taped it (pout). Can't blame them, I was the one that decided we didn't need that old VCR in the tv cabinet anymore (the only thing it was good for, was, grandson likes to stick his toy cars into the slot). I had a good excuse though! I was still on my way home from a long weekend in California! Babysitting said grandson and his darling baby sister. I'm hogging the TV tonight though! I'll see the akita then. I llllovvvve those. :) Mary * we had breakfast on a sidewalk cafe in L.A. yesterday... and now I'm looking at the thermometer and it says 2 degrees... (still balmy by comparison to Minnesota!)... snow storm tomorrow... * *sigh*
    ...See More

New Kenneth Brown Show Starts on TLC Tonight

Q

Comments (14)
    Well, I love faces and have always been interested in noses, haha. This was a pic I found last night -- maybe this is what you're seeing Fly (9/07)? It was doing this back in 2006 also, looking at his blog. Does have a bit of that ps-look from the right, though couldn't find any good pics. I hate to think he's messed with his face, too : ) Looks a big tired and poofy to me in new pics, with smaller eyes. Liked his less coifed look, too, myself. Not that it's important, lol. I liked his old show and creations, though not the gimmicks that they'd started doing when showing the final shots, which flashed by so fast and techno, and with sound effects or music, that I couldn't really see them.
    ...See More

Can Anyone Help Me with show that is on TONIGHT

Q

Comments (9)
    Sam, the show you want will be on the Biography Channel on October 25 at 9PM. Check out the link... If you don't get the channel and want me to record it, remind me a day or so before then (cuz I will certainly forget otherwise). Hugs to you and John! Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween Inside Story
    ...See More
  • eld6161
    6 years ago

And... this episode highlighted doing laundry. Mamap, what more could you ask for?

moonie_57 (8 NC) thanked eld6161
  • moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I just have to ask you, MP... must I re-wash my clothes if they get put on top of the washer????? I just dont know nuttin'!

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

Lol depends Moonie how long its been since you've cleaned the top of your washer OR...OR if you've been sitting on it. HAHA

Im always plopping wet clothing on top of mine and I shouldn't considering I turtle wax mine..LOL

moonie_57 (8 NC) thanked mamapinky0
  • moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

See? I never once thought to turtle wax my maytag!

• User
    6 years ago

I am so disappointed- I made a point of remembering that it is on Tuesday nights- but somehow only thought of it after it had aired. I tried finding it on demand but the system was wonky. Hopefully I figure out on demand and if not, there's always next week. I have heard so much about this and am really looking forward to finally seeing it.

moonie_57 (8 NC) thanked User
  • eld6161
    6 years ago

Sheila, to be honest, the second episode wasn't as good as the first. I am on the fence about what I feel about this show now.

I don't know though. There is something about seeing all these actors together again.

moonie_57 (8 NC) thanked eld6161
  • moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I agree, eld!

But the scenes when Roseanne gets in the chair were funny.

• lily316
    6 years ago

It was a fluke which is what drove people to see it. Getting the old characters back in the original setting brings nostalgia. I see it as dropping off after the original interest. It's not that funny and Roseanne is someone I wouldn't want to know and have never known anyone remotely like her.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

I personally think Roseanne show leans...**leans** more towards real life and real people compared to other sitcoms about families with their petfect homes, perfect clothes, hair and perfect words to their children at all times. Perfection doesn't exist in our world and neither do perfect parents or children.

• matti5
    6 years ago

I enjoyed last night's episode. Last week's premiere episodes packed in a lot of topics and updates which needed to happen, but it was nice to get back to a one/two topic episode like last night.

I loved the stair lift moments lol

I agree that the Roseanne show leans more toward real life compared to so many others on tv. It's honestly quite refreshing to see a show where a home feels "lived in", both physically and emotionally.

• tjkeen
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

What other sitcoms are you referring to " compared to other sitcoms about families with their petfect homes, perfect clothes, hair and perfect words to their children at all times." ? None come to my mind.

• lily316
    6 years ago

The unrealistic family shows that I can think of as "perfect homes, perfect clothes..." were back in the 50's. Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best. Today Blackish, Splitting Up, Modern Family show not perfect lives.

• Ava
    6 years ago

Lily those were before my time. I can't think of a single current one with a perfect family. Thought I would see what all the fuss was about and turned on the TV as Roseanne was holding someone under the tap. That was enough for me.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

Well I'm sure living in the past. Lol.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

Until it was mentioned I was thinking about the The Cosby Show. Than I remembered that was long in the past. I haven't a clue about todays programs.

The Roseanne show is a comedy its supposed to make us laugh. How many times have you ever thought about spraying anyone with the kitchen hose...I have and I suspect many have...Roseanne just took peoples fleeting thought and acted on it....or when she called her grandaughter that bad word...when my adult sons were teens It crossed my mind to call them something nasty. ..I didn't but in a fleeting moment I WANTED to as I'm sure others have. That's just it Roseanne takes peoples deep dark nasty thoughts and does it, says it...Things we ddon't do or say but have thought of.

I'm not ashamed that I wanted to blast one of my sons a time or two with the kitchen hose or that I thought a nasty word in my head against them...I'm human.

• Marcy
    6 years ago

I agree..... Absolutely!!

• Ava
    6 years ago

We are different with different sensitivities. Having a thought and acting on it are not the same. To me name calling and the hose incident are abusive behaviors.

• lily316
    6 years ago

Sticking a kids head under a faucet is child abuse, IMO. Roseanne is a crass human in her show and real life. It's sad she's revered among some people.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

It's just a show. Lots of them we like to watch contain much worse material.

Enjoy, MP. You don't need to justify it. :)

• Dolly
    6 years ago

Who is asking for justification?

• User
    6 years ago

I haven't watched the show but that description of speaking or acting on our deep dark nasty thoughts and of people finding it entertaining sure does remind me of something and somebody.

• Chi
    6 years ago

Oh geez, the judgement in this thread is something else.

I haven't watched the reboot but I like the originals. I grew up in a similar household full of sarcasm, humor (sometimes dark!) and love.

• eld6161
    6 years ago

I can think of a few shows. Modern Family, although it highlights dysfunctional topics, all the actors are attractive and "perfect" looking. Same for the show Mom. Although Mom is also about regular people (in this case recovering alcoholics) the characters are always dressed nicely and look put together.

• Dolly
    6 years ago

Then there is The Middle. I enjoy Modern Family but don't think they are perfect.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I used to watch a lot of sitcoms but in recent years, only the Big Bang Theory. Maybe I should be embarrassed to admit that my tv is usually set to reality tv. My husband will make comments about the trash I watch but i will come back about how he prefers shows about murder, and worse. That shuts him up for awhile. At least until he witnesses grown women resorting to fisticuffs! :)

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

No spraying your teenager does not fall under the guidelines of child abuse....but its...a...comedy...tv...program.

Moonie is right I don't need to justify my watching Roseanne. For those that think Roseanne is a terrible program...what do you watch?

• Ava
    6 years ago

It is not that I disagree, it is just that I do not enjoy the Roseanne Show. Good for you that you find it funny......wish I did but I don't. Just not my taste.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

I wasn't talking to anyone in particular. .and I apologize. ..I'm sorry. I shouldn't have ask what anyone else was watching just so I could pick their programs apart. I'm sorry. I went to bed as I have an appointment in Pittsburgh tomorrow but couldn't relax for thinking about my words. For anyone I offended. ...I'm sorry.

• Ava
    6 years ago

Different views or opinions don't offend me. Sleep tight...

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

....don't let the bed bugs bite!

(she'll be offended by that one! ;)

• kris_zone6
    6 years ago

My husband and I watched Rosanne this afternoon and laughed. We have a daughter that we would have loved to push her head under the water more than once but we never did. Where we thought about it, Roseanne does it.

• lily316
    6 years ago

I'm not offended. I like most of the rest of the cast especially Jackie and Darlene. I don't watch many comedies.In fact none right now. I like stuff that many don't like Law and Order, Criminal Minds, Survivor, Amazing Race, Dateline, 48 Hours, Grey's Anatomy, 60 Minutes and Chicago Fire. Maybe others I can't think of right now.

• User
    6 years ago

I laughed so hard when she put her grand daughters head in the sink and soaked it. Why didn't I ever think of that with my kids?

• kris_zone6
    6 years ago
    1. When my grandson refused to take a shower I picked him up, he was fully clothed, put him in the shower and turned the water on. Several years later his younger brother was refusing to shower and the older one told him that he better just go shower because Grammy would put him in with all his clothes on. Needless to say, I never had another problem with them showering. They are now in their twenties and shower daily.
  • lily316
    6 years ago

Viewership was down 40% for the second episode and they lost over 10 million viewers.

• mrskjun
    6 years ago

jeez, it was still number one in it's time slot. I find the show hilarious. We may not be Roseanne but I bet a lot of us have a relative who is. I've certainly had the fights over getting your darn clothes out of the washer and dryer because I need to use it. If we didn't all like different shows there would only be one show on tv. I'm a Dr. Pol, Dr. Jeff, Dr. K, junkie, but I'll keep watching Roseanne.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

I heard 15 mil viewers...I don't watch anything else but I think I understand Roseanne beat all other by a landslide. But maybe I'm wrong. Doesn't matter to me as long as I get to watch. Lol

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

Moonie The popcorn is ready, I'm showered and in my PJ's, cup is on the Kureg ready for a nice coffee, but I have no danish or pie. Lol Are you going to watch?

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

No popcorn, coffee or pie but yes, its getting ready to come on. Strained my back moving statuary so I'm climbing in the bed to watch.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    6 years ago

Watching too, don't want to give away anything so I won't comment yet on the Becky situation.

• eld6161
    6 years ago

I should have checked in sooner. Just saw the last 10 minutes. Looked like a good show. I am going to try to catch it when it's available online.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

Moonie is it your lower back? Gosh I know back pain so I really feel for you. Hopefully your feeling better by tomorrow.

I am glad Becky won't be doing this but sad about the reason. I really liked the ending when Roseanne said she only got pregnant once that she actually wanted to...when Becky ask who it was Roseanne said....you.

That's what I love... the way Roseanne knows exactly the right thing to say to each of her family members when its really important.

I don't think that egg should have had to be returned. .it was a gift and after all Becky may not have had the baby but she did already go thru an emotional workout.

• User
    6 years ago

I finally got to watch this last night- first time actually seeing the new Roseanne. I was impressed, that in fact, as many of you have said, the characters and story line have stepped in right in place. I will say the only one who seems a bit not quite right is Jackie but still overall very good and I will watch it again. My husband didn't think it was so good though.....

• eld6161
    6 years ago

I just watched it from my computer after missing 3/4 of it last night. I thought it was terrific.

It had just the right mixture of "Roseanne" humor yet it was sensitive and really handled the topic of Becky's failed attempt at being a surrogate well.

I understand why they did what they did with Becky's storyline, but there really isn't a reason why she still can't be a surrogate, just not donating her own egg.

I also like how they had a tribute to the actor who played her husband and how they handled it within the show. It looks like no stone will be left unturned.

I am looking forward to Johnny Galecki's appearance. He can only do one show and it will be interesting to see what his storyline will be.

• matti5
    6 years ago

I thought it was a great episode! laughed out loud several times. Jackie's character was always a bit neurotic, and even more so now. They haven't really touched on her life yet, so looking forward to that. I adore Laurie Metcalf in every role she has played.

• eld6161
    6 years ago

Me too, she and Sara Gilbert!

• Suzieque
    6 years ago

I still think the acting is really bad. Are they overacting? Not sure what it is, but it seems poor to me. Maybe because they have a live audience? Not sure - but it is just off, IMO.

• eld6161
    6 years ago

I think it's one of those shows that either you like it or you don't. No in-between.