SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graywings123

Need advice from book collectors

graywings123
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

A friend has a terminal illness and is putting her affairs in order. I am helping her with a number of things, and have volunteered to find good homes for a couple of her book collections. She wants the books to go somewhere as sets and where they will be appreciated. The ones we discussed today are: a complete or almost complete set of Anthony Trollope's works, most of which are in paperback, a collection of Louisa May Alcott's books, and a collection of children's books - author(s) unknown.

She has agreed to let me take the books to my house. I will hold them as I search for homes for them and then ship them out. She is not interested in being paid for them. The obvious solutions like booksellers, public libraries, or even the Department of State annual used book sale are not what she has in mind.

I want to carry out her wishes, and preferably sooner rather than later. This and a hundred other unfinished projects are unsettling her.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I will do internet searches but posting here seemed like a good first step.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH