SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21164925

Another New Kitchen Toy

User
6 years ago

I know I have mentioned often how much I love the Cuisinart Steam Oven. I have used it almost exclusively since November, except when I needed a larger oven to do a larger roast like a ham or small turkey.

I hate the oven in my stove. It takes forever to get up to temperature, especially when I set it for 500°F. Basically only used it to bake bread. When I needed something bigger than the CSO, I used a Waring Pro counter top oven that I have had for almost 10 years. It was the perfect size for roast chicken, small turkeys, hams, prime ribs, etc... Unfortunately it died Wednesday night.

I checked with the folks on eGullet to see what they recommended and found a current thread on the Breville Smart Oven vs an Oster French Door Convection toaster oven. And after doing a little more homework decided to go with the Oster. It helped that the Oster was on sale locally for $169. which was at least $300 less than the Breville.

Although I don't expect to use it as much as the CSO, I decided to give it a test run last night.

The first Halibut of the season was available yesterday. Been waiting for this all week.

The oven is huge. This same cast iron pan just fits into the CSO. Here there is room to spare. Also two racks with lots of headroom.

I plan to use this oven as I did the Waring for roasts that don't fit into the CSO. Although I might get a stone and bake a few loaves of bread in it too. Just to see how it compares to the CSO.

Comments (35)