SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommabearof5

Elevation thoughts appreciated

E K
6 years ago

Okay, so I posted a while back asking for thoughts on our elevations. I went back to my husband with suggestions made here and we discussed them all at length between ourselves and with our builder. The post got into the floorplan too, and we made quite a few of the suggested changes on both the interior AND the exterior. We changed the main gable to have sides as recommended here, and also got rid of the curved windows, and took the stone off the larger sections we previously had it on. On some suggestions, my husband was not agreeable to the change, and I have to respect that, so please be kind and not offended if I didn't implement a change you suggested.

Now, we are working on finalizing exterior colors and fine-tuning the materials on the exterior and I would appreciate thoughts. Specifically wondering if the shake in the gables should be the same color as the siding? The stone will be a combination of tans and grays. I was thinking a medium tan siding and either a dark gray (to tie in the gray in the stone) or dark brown roof. I have also toyed with the idea of gray siding, which I like, but the interior is going to be more warm colors and rustic, so I thought I would go with more brown, earthy colors on the exterior too.

The left elevation gable is not correct - the shake is supposed to come down to be level with the bump-out roof height as suggested in the prior post. We need to update the elevations for that. Also, a few windows are changed and not reflected on here.

So anyway, if anyone has suggestions or thoughts on materials and where to put what colors, working with what we have at this point, I would be most appreciative. This group has had such a large and helpful impact on our home build that I am extremely appreciative of everyone's time and input. :o)

Comments (39)