SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faerygardener

APRIL Fotess SPRING CLEANING

faerygardener z7 CA
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

APRIL Fotess SPRING CLEANING

April 2018 is the first full month of spring! Those of you who’ve joined me before know I like to keep the interaction going, so this month they’ll also be lots opportunity to earn points and prizes - simply by sharing something here - many points to do with April but not with Cleaning. There is no judgement if you can’t participate a lot - you just can’t win the points game, but you can still swap.

You can enter the point games and win regardless of whether or not you join the swap for the month - although you must be a member of FOTESS to participate (see first comment below). Point Games will be geared to April Calendar topics “National Humor Month, National Gardening Month, Keep America Beautiful Month, Stress Awareness Month, Earth Day, National Arbor Day, or other Week or Day celebrations (April 7th is No Housework Day!).

So, I LOVE the results, but really hate to take time from gardening, reading and being with friends and family to actually clean. Let’s see if we can motivate one another as we did with the closet clean-outs last August. There will be points.

First up - Favorite Cleaning Tip - 5 points

Mine, that I share with my family every spring as a reminder and I’ve been doing for a couple of year now, is One Good Thing by Jillie’s Streak Free Window Cleaner for outside windows. It REALLY works as she shows. https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/streak-free-window-cleaner It’s still too early for many of you with inclement weather (and me) to use, but towards the end of April we may all be out there with it.

One bonus point each to the first 3 people to sign up for the swap.

The APRIL FOTESS SWAP

1. 1. A Card - Purchased or homemade, toward our point games, homemade gets 2 points although purchased is a-ok.
  • 2. Seeds - 2 packets of seeds (2017 or later please) for plants that can be used in any way towards “cleaning”. This can also mean simply scenting the air with a lovely scent, as part of smudge sticks, herbal /plant cleaning products for home or body, repelling bugs, perhaps you start your morning with a cleansing herbal drink - whatever you can tie to clean some way that you think your partner would enjoy growing (so please look at their profile and trading page, it does not have to be on their list but should be something they might enjoy).
  • 3. Gift - In honor of Stress Awareness Month I was thinking that there are many of us who craft all different things and have gifts we enjoy making. There are others for whom it’d be stressful to have to make anything. So, homemade or purchased is fine. Pick any April topic (many listed above) and send your partner a gift, your choice. Remember, April is also National Gardening Month so any garden related in any way gift (NOT Plant, Bulb or Cuttings) is a-ok. Keep in mind that FOTESS swaps encourage easy-to-mail-inexpensively packets - so do not send a package that would cost more to mail than the $7.20USD Priority Small Package - that is the MAX, less is much much better :-). Also, share the Delivery Confirmation/Tracking number here when you mail the package.

SIGN UP the 5th and I’ll post partners on the 6th. Mail by MONDAY the 23rd so that all packages can be received before the end of the month and points tallied.

One bonus point to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd person to mail their package and include the tracking number here.

Remember, it is dangerous to the environment and ILLEGAL in MANY states to mail plants/bulbs/cuttings in. Let’s all practice Do No Harm while we walk this earth and find other ways to connect to one another through gardening.

Comments (227)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH