SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susquehannarchy

Kitchen layout feedback

K D
6 years ago

Good morning, my husband and I are getting our kitchen redone this year and we think we've decided on a final layout that we are both really happy with. I'd like to get an outside opinion to see if we are overlooking something vital to having the ultimate kitchen for our space and budget.

kitchen layout · More Info

This is the current layout of our space. We are removing the wall between the kitchen and dining room and relocating the washer/dryer and kitchen half bath to the small room area on the other side of the house. The french doors will be moved to the kitchen wall facing the deck.

Here is the new layout we came up with.

We did remove the one small window on the kitchen wall to make room for more counterspace/storage. We haven't decided on any flooring yet. But the cabinets will probably be a dark gray stain and the counters will be a white quartz. The island top will be a dark wood. We haven't decided on lighting either.

The back window overlooks the backyard. And there is a skylight in the ceiling.

The chimney can't be removed, but we might cover it with something if it's gross looking. And that beam going across the kitchen is apparently really structurally important... ;)

Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you. :)

Comments (6)