SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
outofthebluesml

HELP PLEASE! Kitchen remodel and I am at a loss!

6 years ago

We are in the very beginning stages of planning a kitchen remodel. I need advice. I would like to get rid of the current bar we have and install an island length wise of our kitchen. However I am not sure we have enough room. There is 9' from the sink to the ugly after thought "used to be pantry" my husband installed. 8.5' from the fridge to the edge of the bar that is closest to the fridge.

I wanted cream colored cabinets but after much reading on here I'm more so leaning toward white again that goes to the ceiling (BTW my husband doesn't want white again so I'm not sure what else to do). We are talking with a custom cabinet builder this week.

I'm not sure what to do with the after thought pantry either my husband installed. It used to be a pantry with doors and he tore it out and put the misplaced cabinetry in that doesn't look right.

We just had our entire house repainted and I went with BM Revere Pewter for the majority of it. Trim was also done in a bright white. Therefore I'm thinking no to cream cabinets. I was thinking about BM White Dove but not even sure if that will clash with bright white trim.

The window over the sink is being replaced due to being broke with one large staitionary window with grids.

Right now the area with my kitchen table is so small due to the bar that I cannot even center my table underneath the light. Also, the french door is being replaced with a slider as there is not enough room to fully open the door due to the table.

Flooring will be oak hardwood that is currently in the rest of our downstairs.

Please help! I'm new here, I've never built a house let alone remodeled anything and I'm at a loss. I wanted to have a designer come take a look but my husband doesn't think we need one.

our kitchen · More Info

our kitchen · More Info

our kitchen · More Info

our kitchen · More Info

our kitchen · More Info

our kitchen · More Info

Comments (13)