SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
4kids4us

Suggestions for Audiobooks?

4kids4us
6 years ago

I mentioned in one of the monthly book threads that I’m doing a lot of driving to my son’s high school 45 minutes away. To pass the time productively I’ve started listening to books. It’s not my preferred method of reading but better way to pass the time than listening to radio. However, I sometimes find my mind wandering if the narrator is not very good, if the book is way too long or if there are too many characters to keep track of since I can’t flip back and forth like with a physical book. Preference would be novels around 8-10 hours of listening at most.

So far I’ve listened to Born a Crime, Billy Crystal’s latest (can’t remember but memoir about getting old), Everyone Brave is Forgiven, LaRose, Underground Railroad and Hillbilly Elegy (terrible monotone narration by the author) and My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry.

Any good audiobooks you might recommend? I typically enjoy memoirs, mystery, literary fiction, historical fiction, books set in other countries. Well written chick lit is ok too. Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (13)