SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cac546

Bona and their many naturals

cac546
6 years ago
Can anyone explain the difference between the 3 different "natural" products Bona offers? I have new white oak floors installed and am trying to achieve the look/color of the floors below. I realize some of these may be rift and quarter sewn oak which I don't have but you live and learn.

I currently have a sample of one coat of NaturalSeal with one coat of satin Traffic and another sample of NaturalSeal with matte Traffic HD on the floors.

How would using Bona Traffic Naturale differ from the above approach? Does it look different? Does it still require a sealer?

Then there's also the Bona Drifast Natural stain but I'm assuming that's not what we're looking for.

I've included pictures of our samples. Will these look like the inspiration pictures? In our current house I messed up the stain selection the first time and had to have them resanded so I'm a bit nervous about not picking the right approach.

Also, satin or matte? All the pictures of this color seem to have matte but we've always had satin on our floors so that seems like the safest choice because we know we've like it. Then again our floors have always been dark so maybe matte is the way to go with light floors.

(I know people have opinions about Bona but it's what almost all of the experienced, qualified hardwood people use in our area, including the flooring sub that my builder uses. We've always had Bona Traffic and have been happy so we're sticking with our builders preferred sub who does great work.)

Thank you so much!

Comments (11)