SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reesepbuttercup

Is there any hope for this 1970's "Tudor"

reesepbuttercup SLC, Utah 6b
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

In a total turnaround from everything I've been doing lately, I recently came to the conclusion that I should sell my current home (built three years ago and I love it) in order to buy something much closer to where I work.

I've been looking at properties and came across this 1979 tudor-esque tri level. It's bank owned and needs work, both inside and out. The floor plan is fine, it has a nice sized yard and great views. I'm looking into the work that will be required for this house and I'm wondering if it has enough potential. I really care about curb appeal. I like cute homes, what can I say...

So do you think paint and landscaping can save this home?

I know it's not a dream home, and I know some people are adverse to tri-levels, but options are limited in my price range.

A few things, the windows (white vinyl) and roof are newer and so they can't be justifiably replaced. The brick is a darker brown with matching grout. I don't think painting it would be a good idea. The trim is in need of repainting along with the lighter bits of siding. I would not be opposed to a new door and sidelights. I can envision the landscaping, but I have a hard time with paint colors due to the roof and white windows. It just seems like I'd be stuck with brown as a trim color. Blah.

Without investing too much of your time, can you suggest trim and siding paint colors? Or is this house just hopelessly ugly?

Comments (35)