SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_boehm

KitchenAid double oven won't maintain it's temperature.

Mike Boehm
6 years ago

Howdy,

We have a KitchenAid double oven that won't maintain temperature when it's on. Here's the scenario.

I turn on the oven and set it to 350. The temperature readout will start with "Lo" and then eventually shows the temperature numbers as it heats up to 350. After it preheats I put in what I'm cooking. 25 minutes later, I press Cancel on the Oven and then immediately turn it right back on to 350. What *should* happen is the temperature readout should say 350, or something very close to it and then go right back up to 350. Instead, what happens is the readout will show a number far lower. I did it just now and after 25 minutes the readout was only showing 300 degrees.

The oven was purchased from Sears and we got the extended warranty which is still good until this fall. We've already had it looked at twice. I think they replaced a computer board the first time and a sensor (and maybe another board) the second time. It obviously hasn't helped.

So, my question is, is what my oven is doing considered normal? Does anyone else have a similar problem with an oven? It certainly doesn't seem normal and it does seem like things take longer to cook than they should. If the oven is really cooking at 50 degrees lower than it says, that would explain why.

I'm going to place another service call on it and maybe the 3rd time is the charm

Here's a video I took tonight to show the problem.
https://youtu.be/5dW7oWBSFu0

Thanks for any ideas.

Comments (16)