SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tanya_andrews

G Romano vs American Leather Sleeper Sofa....any advice?

Tanya Andrews
6 years ago

I am in the market for a really good sleeper sofa that will provide a good night sleep for occasional guests, but also make a great (comfortable, and firm) sofa in our main living room. We came across two brands that are available locally (Nova Scotia) that are of interest: The Luna by G Romano or one of the American Leather Comfort Sleepers. There's quite a bit of information out there about the American Leather brand as being the "best" although the price tag is heavy. Haven't been able to find any reviews of the G Romano Luna. Has anyone here had any experience with this sofa? http://www.gromano.com/sofas/luna

Comments (8)

• Tanya Andrews
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you, Patricia. We ended up really struggling to find information about G Romano, even after speaking with someone in their sales office, so are in the process of purchasing American Leather. It's a struggle when you are not able to see or touch the furniture before buying it :(

• eliznewjersey
    5 years ago

Tanya, how is your sleeper sofa working out from American Leather? We just received a Lee sleeper bought at Safavieh that we are returning because there are some problems. I did so much research and now I'm back at square one -- my husband refuses to buy another Lee sofa or even shop at Safavieh (they were very difficult about returning the sofa), which, believe it or not, is one of the few furniture stores around here that offer a range of brands. Any suggestions welcome!

• aprilneverends
    5 years ago

Have no experience with Romano..did sleep on an American Leather one as a guest, for two nights..that was the best sleeper sofa I ever slept on

(not including great sleeper sofas that are unfolding, futon-like.They used to make very good ones. Some still do, just gets very expensive)

The sofa itself looked okay..the quality of mattress hiding inside, that what was impressive.

I'm a light sleeper who often gets cold, and this, and that..in short I do remember good mattresses))

• User
    5 years ago

Tanya Andrews, did you ending up buying American Leather? If so, what do you think now?

• User
    5 years ago

I would love a follow up, too. Thanks.

• sandi125
    5 years ago
    We bought an American Leather sleeper sofa (queen size) in 2008. It has held up well (fabric, not leather). A family member has had it for two years now. We used egg crate or memory foam on top of the mattress. My only complaint was the rolled-arm version was too small between the arms to stretch all the way out on when the bed was not open.
  • User
    5 years ago
    Is it comfy? The online reviews of AL are not good!