SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kats_meow

Finding a Buyer's Agent

kats_meow
6 years ago

What is best way to find a buyer's agent?

We are moving a couple of hundred miles from where we live now so I don't know anything about specific agents in the area. We have family in the area but not that would know of a buyer's agent. Well -- take that back. I know one person who bought a home 2 years ago who might know an agent in one of the areas we are interested in.

We have narrowed down our area that we want to buy in so we may be able to do this with one agent, but may need two.

The area we are will be buying in is a hot market. Houses often have to be seen very quickly and most go under contract very quickly. Multiple offers over listing price are common. Many people have to offer on many houses to finally get one. So, we are looking over a fairly wide area, not just a couple of subdivisions since inventory is so low.

We are experienced buyers, but haven't really bought in this kind of market. Contingency contracts are basically not accepted unless the house needs a lot of remodeling or has some issue. Our existing house is under contract. So, we will be closing on our current house and moving into short term housing before buying. Therefore, we will want to buy quickly once we have gotten tehre.

The main thing we want is an experienced agent (or two for different areas) who will be very responsive given the need to quickly see houses as they get listed.

I have experience finding selling agents, but have no idea how to find a buyer's agent when I don't know any agents in the area. I can look on realtor.com and see who has listings as seller's agents but that doesn't mean that they are good buyer's agents.

Comments (7)