SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laweiszer

Two Cacti, two questions...

laweiszer
6 years ago

Hi there,

I have this cactus that's been growing like crazy and I'm not sure what it is or what to do with it. It started off as one of those cute little cacti with a flower on top from Home Depot, but then it started spawning in all directions and growing roots (?) out the sides? I guess it's too heavy to support itself, so it normally just sags off the edge of the pot but recently I decided to try and prop it up.

My question is, is this normal? It's odd shape is sort of endearing but considering what it grew from (a cute little flower top cactus), something feels super wrong about this. What do you recommend I do?

The second cactus I'd like to separate into two where I drew a line, but I'm not sure what type of cactus it is or if the roots would be ok with that. Should I just cut it close to the base (how close?), let it callus then replant it, rather than messing with the roots? (If you could also tell me why some of the top little leaves are turning yellow and falling off, I'd appreciate it!!) Thanks!!

Comments (2)