SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redreadreed

Dogs and Deck: At the bottom of the deck panel

Marilyn B
6 years ago

My neighbors let their dogs out on the deck constantly for long periods. Their toys end up sliding under the divider panel And their dogs constantly nose at the corner and base of the deck.

My dog is a rescue who can get intimidated by other dogs. My guy doesn’t like spending much time alone but he used to love sunbathing on the deck. I spent time and money teaching my dog not to run the fence. Because their dogs used to get into our backyard and because they nose the edges of the divider pane, it triggers his anxiety. He spends much less time on the deck now.

Last year I put all of my plant boxes at the bottom of my deck and I have a box of chives at the corner. I plan to give away the boxes but am interested in a more attractive but small barrier between the deck. The chives stay!

Any suggestions for how I can block their dogs? A pleasant conversation to schedule deck sharing isn’t the answer. These people have had domestic situations and DUIs and all manner of problems. (As a related request, please wish for them to move.)

I attached a couple photos. For added fun, note the Christmas tree skeleton on their side in March, in a town with free curb side pick up for trees.

Comments (7)