SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biwa45

Trying to choose new PC

biwa45
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My husband and I have had a series of Dell desktops and liked them--especially my present small-tower Inspiron--but now we are faced with buying a new PC because his hard drive is gone. I would like to get another small Dell, and the 3268 seemed good, with an i5-7180 processor, 8 gigs of DDR4 RAM (I wouldn't mind the cheaper DDR3L, and 1 TB hard drive, but it wasn't mentioned on the page where I was trying to decide the configuration) with 2400MHz speed. It has a 1 TB hard drive. Then I began to check the reviews. Some people complained that it was slow, but it's hard to be sure which model some reviews are referring to. Slow enough to upset people would be a dealbreaker for us.

Does anyone have an opinion about this particular model? Or suggestions for good desktops by some other company? I am hoping to have one with a small tower, tired of lifting behemoths! Something that won't cost over around $600 including tax. I do not intend to pay for Word, nor do I need a monitor or speakers, and, while I suppose I am stuck with the one year of free McAfee that is included in the selling price, as soon as it is feasible, I will be switching to Norton.

Comments (20)