SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myer_rodriguez

9a front yard landscaping advice

Myer R.
6 years ago
Hello, long time lurker first time poster. Moved into my humble abode about a year ago. I have always desired a beautiful lush garden but have just now gotten around to making it a priority (this current beautiful Houston weather will do that to ya). I’m sure what currently is in place is builder’s original and while it is functional to an extent, I’m craving a full and colorful front yard and porch area. Unfortunately my budget is not unlimited, however I would still very much appreciate any and all ideas for present and future inspiration. Minimal maintenance would be ideal with a busy schedule, but I do enjoy working in the yard so definitely would not be opposed to anything that requires tending to a few times a week. I know this is the landscaping forum but if any house exterior advice could be offered I’d really appreciate that too. My backyard could also use some help but I’m the kind that has to focus solely on one thing at a time! I love the idea of keeping everything native and year long lasting but also realize that I’m new to this and the possibilities are endless. I’m neighbors with a thriving creek so I’ve included a picture just to give a feel for it; it doesn’t show the whole creek but will take pictures once suns back up if need be. Once again, any and all anything is greatly appreciated!!

Comments (28)