SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pink_peony

The Dreaded Favorite Chair

pink_peony
6 years ago

My upholsterer will be coming in a week to pick up my husbands favorite chair. Try as I might I could not get him to part with this 12 year old beauty. I don't have a picture as it is in storage at this moment, but it is a tufted English roll arm with turned feet. Its a quality piece and besides the fabric it is in excellent condition. I have convinced him that it won't work in our main living area of our new home currently under construction but have agreed to use it in either our master bedroom or upstairs in our loft area. I'm so dreadfully tired of tufting!!! I haven't spoken to my upholsterer if that can be replaced with a smooth tight back, a cushioned back won't work as the chair itself has a rolled top.

Question I'm considering doing a green as in Kelly green linen or velvet on the chair. Ive done a mock up of that look on another similar chair I found online. Is it just too much? This color would be possible in either the bedroom or loft. Also in these two areas I could stick to a conservative navy blue. The chairs original color was a Royal Navy that has faded significantly. So it would not be a huge change to go navy.

The second option would be to do it in this light blue/aqua color. That I could use only in the loft as it doesn't work with my bedroom. It is for sure the "safer" choice.

My chair is shaped different than this one and isn't skirted but this was as close as I could get to finding something I could experiment with.

I know everyone will ask for pictures of the room etc but I can't give you that as the home is under construction. My home is being decorated in navy, white, an aqua with touches of green here and there. Just trying to grasp the bold green on the chair or playing it safe.

Comments (42)