SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

Nita has passed away

marilyn_c
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I just got a call and was asked to post this....Nita, long time member of the forums and friends to many, passed away yesterday. They were in Naples, Florida, and were going to return home to Arizona in April. She died unexpectedly from a heart attack. Mike, her husband, is in shock, Please remember her family in prayer or hold a special thought for them. She probably has met more people from the internet than anyone. She usually visited me on her way back from Florida every year. I will really miss her. I was looking forward to seeing her in April. This is all the info I have for now.

Comments (86)

• Suzieque
    6 years ago

OMG. Nita_Az, If I remember correctly. Yes, a long-term, beloved member. We have lost another friend. I am shocked.

marilyn_c thanked Suzieque
  • Kathsgrdn
    6 years ago

So sad. I never got to meet her.

marilyn_c thanked Kathsgrdn
  • Related Discussions

I'm sad to say that Bob Axmear has passed away

Q

Comments (15)
    That's sad news indeed, my condolences to the family. His legacy will live on with the Hosta Library and its continued maintenance by Bill and Carol somehow take on a special meaning now. Pieter
    ...See More

Jim Zampini has passed away

Q

Comments (3)
    I am so sad over the passing of one of the great plantsmen. I became very familiar with the amazing nursery industry in the Perry, Ohio area as a child (mother grew up in that area and was childhood friends with a big nursery owner). When I grew up and pursued a horticultural education and career, I maintained contacts with the Perry nursery people and was able to meet Jim Zampini. He was, as are/were ALL of the plantsmen/women I've been fortunate to know, endlessly generous with his time, knowledge, experience, and even his plants. Without these inspired people, our industry will rely more and more on the factory producers.
    ...See More

Jerry Lewis has passed away.

Q

Comments (7)
    I am one of "Jerry's Kids". Watchers of Muscular Dystrophy telethons saw the worst of what muscle disease can do. His leadership on those telethons was the best. Thank you Jerry!
    ...See More

Luke Perry has passed away.

Q

Comments (11)
    He was admitted for "observation". Days later it was reported he had a stroke, they may have said "mild". Now we hear he had a MASSIVE stroke and died from the complications there of. Did they pull the plug after a week of laying around and family not ready to give up? I totally respect he/they deserved their privacy but it is frustrating that "a little information is a bad thing". I also am not a fan of speculation but if there is a reason due to lifestyle for such and young man to have strokes I would like it known to warn others. Maybe he just had the bad luck of poor biology. It is very sad.
    ...See More
  • ldstarr
    6 years ago

Oh, how sorry for her husband and all those that knew this wonderful woman. ((((Hugs)))) and prayers.

marilyn_c thanked ldstarr
  • gale_t
    6 years ago

OMG, I'm shocked! Such a wonderful lady. Nita and Bobby spent the night with us on one of her trips a long time ago. She will be missed by many.

Thx Marilyn for letting us know.

Gale/TX

marilyn_c thanked gale_t
  • glenda_al
    6 years ago

OMG, Nita was the first KY'er I met, 20 plus years.She and husband were passing thru and we spent couple days together, and with her grandson. I'm so sorry!

marilyn_c thanked glenda_al
  • mcsooey
    6 years ago

Such sad news. Nita was one of a kind; loved and admired by all at the KT. She lived a great life and it sounds like she was active and enjoying her life until time ran out. Safe travels, Nita and RIP. You made a difference.

marilyn_c thanked mcsooey
  • steph_pa
    6 years ago

I seldom post, but was so sorry to read this. She was so involved with everyone & know she is missed! RIP, Nita!

marilyn_c thanked steph_pa
  • socks
    6 years ago

Oh no! So sorry to hear.

marilyn_c thanked socks
  • katlan
    6 years ago

Oh no, so very sad. I never had the pleasure to meet her in person but loved all her stories and pics that she shared with all of us here over the years.

My sincere sympathy to her family and friends. We all lost a good one. God bless her soul.

marilyn_c thanked katlan
  • Lindsey_CA
    6 years ago

I was just about to write pretty much exactly what Katlan just wrote. Nita will be missed.

marilyn_c thanked Lindsey_CA
  • gadgets
    6 years ago

I only knew her through her posts on the KT, but she's one of those types of persons who you just seem to "know". She will be missed. My prayers to her family and friends.

marilyn_c thanked gadgets
  • abbisgram
    6 years ago

Oh, how sad. I don't think I read any of her posts but it sounds like she was such a nice person.

marilyn_c thanked abbisgram
  • nickel_kg
    6 years ago

What sad news. RIP.

marilyn_c thanked nickel_kg
  • mare_wbpa
    6 years ago

Such sad news. I never met her personally but felt I knew a lot about her from the KT. She met a lot of KTers and they all spoke very highly of her. She must have been a really good person and will be missed here at the KT. My best thoughts and prayers are going out to her husband. RIP Nita!!!

marilyn_c thanked mare_wbpa
  • summer_tx
    6 years ago

I'm so very sad to hear about Nita's passing. I am another old KTer who got in on some of Nita's famous warm and sincere hugs many years ago. A few of us met and went on a picnic here in my area of TX. Prayers for the saddened, shocked and very shaken family. RIP Nita.

marilyn_c thanked summer_tx
  • glenda_al
    6 years ago

We called them "Nita hugs".

marilyn_c thanked glenda_al
  • lisa_fla
    6 years ago

I'm so sad to read this. Nita was the best!! Look at all these people she's touched in some way! I met her on one of her FL trips (and got my Nita hug!). My sister Renee-FL told me she was here and we also met Sandie-FL at the Whistle Junction in Titusville. We stayed for hours and never ran out of things to talk about. Some time after that there was talk on the KT that Nita had written her life story and if people wanted to read it she would send them a file. It was so interesting!! She was a great author. Prayers for her family.

marilyn_c thanked lisa_fla
  • PattiG(rose)
    6 years ago

I am another person who doesn't post often and had never met Nita. I know she was a treasured friend to many of you, and I'm sorry about her passing. She seemed like a wonderful person to know.

marilyn_c thanked PattiG(rose)
  • matti5
    6 years ago

What a shock, I am so very sad to hear this. I never met Nita in person, but loved following her RV adventures and hearing about her family, which was everything to her. My prayers to her family and friends.

marilyn_c thanked matti5
  • yeonassky
    6 years ago

I too am saddened for the loss of Nita. I remember her stories very well. She always made me feel as if we were right there with her. My condolences to Mike, their family and friends. Prayers and hugs.

marilyn_c thanked yeonassky
  • FlamingO in AR
    6 years ago

This is such a shock. Nita had such a powerful personality and seemed immortal. She was the driving force in that family. I’m sure they are beyond devastated. What a sad day.

marilyn_c thanked FlamingO in AR
  • maire_cate
    6 years ago

That is indeed sad news. I'll remember her family in my prayers. It's hard to imagine that she's no longer here.

marilyn_c thanked maire_cate
  • Amazing Aunt Audrey
    6 years ago

Years ago I made a road trip to Ca to meet a bunch of kters. Met many, stayed in their homes. On my return trip I stayed a week with Nita, Mike, and the Boy Wonder as I always called him. I loved Nita. She was an angel. Had a fun loving, pure heart. This has rattled my world. I send my love to Mike and the family. We were blessed to have her this short time

marilyn_c thanked Amazing Aunt Audrey
  • Alisande
    6 years ago

Nita made such a wonderful impression on so many. This news is so unexpected and sad.

marilyn_c thanked Alisande
  • User
    6 years ago

I too enjoyed reading about her adventures. My sincere condolences to her family and the KT family. This thread is a testiment as to how many people’s hearts and lives she touched.

marilyn_c thanked User
  • Angela Id
    6 years ago

Such a shock. Mike has family here. Every year, around August, when they were in the Coeur d'Alene area we would meet up for lunch or dinner. Still cannot believe that she is gone!

marilyn_c thanked Angela Id
  • Bettye
    6 years ago

My condolences to Mike, Bobby and other family members. This is such sad news! As a fellow Arizonan, I had the pleasure of getting to know Nita. She truly was a special lady! RIP my friend.

marilyn_c thanked Bettye
  • norsetex
    6 years ago

I met Nita once . I enjoyed lunch with her and Trinitytx back when I was cardamom in here. I looked for her postings when I came back in . She touched so many in here . She will be missed ..Warm thoughts and prayers to her family and all friends.

marilyn_c thanked norsetex
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    6 years ago

I am so shocked to hear about Nita's passing. I had the great pleasure of spending a week with her traveling around Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, Missouri and back to Ohio visiting internet friends. She was so much fun to be with and everyone welcomed us into their homes. And yes, her hugs were the best!!! I will miss her and sharing her travel adventures. Prayers for her family.

marilyn_c thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • Sylvia Gordon
    6 years ago

So sorry to hear this. I never got to meet her, but I loved reading about and seeing pictures of her get-togethers with so many of you.

marilyn_c thanked Sylvia Gordon
  • donna37
    6 years ago

Was so shocked to read this today, hard to imagine life without Nita and her travels with Mike and the cats. I was honored to meet her when she and Murraysmom were on their week long trip. Beth, myself and Nita.

marilyn_c thanked donna37
  • caroline94535
    6 years ago

I am heartbroken to read this.

I was honored to visit with Nita three times, twice at get togethers in Minnesota and once in my home.

The world is an even lonelier place today.

I have a couple photos to share once I can get them out of the new computer.

To Mike, Bobby, and all of her family and friends...I am so very sorry.

For all the rest of “us” ... I hope you know and feel how much Nita loved us all. Far and wide, in regular contact or not, can’t you feel the warm hugs?

marilyn_c thanked caroline94535
  • kayjones
    6 years ago

RIP, Nita - my sympathy to Mike and the family. Nita and Mike visited me when I lived in Florida - such a lovely lady.

marilyn_c thanked kayjones
  • OutsidePlaying
    6 years ago

So sorry to hear about Nita. Although I never met her she was obviously loved by many here and will be missed. My sympathy to her family.

marilyn_c thanked OutsidePlaying
  • kiwidj
    6 years ago

I was so upset to read the news on Facebook that my first internet friend has left us. Nita was such a lovely lady and she took me under her wing back in 1999 when I first stumbled across the original KT. My heart aches for Mike and the family and can't help but feel especially sad for Bernice who has lost both her daughters in such a short time. Fly high with the Angels Nita xx

marilyn_c thanked kiwidj
  • kitz_2007
    6 years ago

Nita was also the first person that I chatted with from the old KT. She was so patient showing me things on the internet, as I was very new to the computer then. She was a very special lady and will be missed.

marilyn_c thanked kitz_2007
  • User
    6 years ago

So sorry to hear this, shocked! I was just reading the post about her then this! Prayers for Mike & Family. She will be greatly missed.

marilyn_c thanked User
  • lindaohnowga
    6 years ago

Marilyn, thanks for letting us all know about Nita. I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person but enjoyed following all of her travels. I just said a prayer for strength and comfort for her husband. What a shock that was for him. It just doesn't seem possible that Nita is gone. Another empty chair at our big KT table is always so sad.

marilyn_c thanked lindaohnowga
  • lgmd_gaz
    6 years ago

Just reading this, been out of commission for 3 days. I am so shocked and saddened. What a wonderful lady and dear friend our Nita. Her friendship will be cherished by so many. She and Mike parked the motor home in my driveway and we visited for 3 days in 2013 . It was such a lovely time. A year later, she was so helpful to my daughter and friend when they were on a biking trip in Arizona. Rest in peace Nita. You are so loved.

marilyn_c thanked lgmd_gaz
  • clearwaters
    6 years ago

So sad to hear.

marilyn_c thanked clearwaters
  • moonie_57 (8 NC)
    6 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this. Does anyone know anything about the arrangements?

marilyn_c thanked moonie_57 (8 NC)
  • kadefol
    6 years ago

Such sad news. I am so very sorry for her husband and family, they must be devastated.

marilyn_c thanked kadefol
  • Marilyn Sue McClintock
    6 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this, prayers to her family.

Sue

marilyn_c thanked Marilyn Sue McClintock
  • lkgrace345
    6 years ago

Oh my. This is such sad news. My condolences to her family. Nita did have warm and huge hugs and she shared them with many people. I believe her heart was just as loving and large as her hugs. May she continue her adventures as an angel. She inspired me to hold a gathering during her visit to Alabama many years ago and I met her and Bobby. That gathering was responsible for several long-time relationships that I hold dear. Thank you Nita and goodbye.

marilyn_c thanked lkgrace345
  • Jodi_SoCal
    6 years ago

What??? Nooooo! She was one of a kind! Always on the move and always giving the great hugs. Somewhere I have a photo of me sitting on her "trike" motorcycle when she joined us in the 90s at a KT get-together in Bakersfield.

marilyn_c thanked Jodi_SoCal
  • sjerin
    6 years ago

I'm so VERY sorry to see this and feel great anguish for Mike--he must be lost. (I've been away for a week.) I wish her family and friends (hundreds, thousands??) much sympathy that such a beautiful person has left their midst.

marilyn_c thanked sjerin
  • mama goose_gw zn6OH
    6 years ago

My condolences to Nita_AZ's family, and to all her KT friends. I, too, enjoyed reading about her travels.

marilyn_c thanked mama goose_gw zn6OH
  • petalique
    6 years ago

I regret that I never had the pleasure of knowing her. She looks like a fantastic genuine lady. I am so very sorry to hear this and send Nita's family my sincere condolences. Peace.

• jemdandy
    6 years ago

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on the ripened grain.

I am the gentle Autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there, I did not die.

. . . . Hopi prayer

• debo_2006
    6 years ago

Condolences to Nita and all her friends and family. I know how much she enjoyed her RV travels.