SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Drawer dividers for deep dresser drawers?

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have been looking at drawer dividers for my deep dresser drawers. One dresser set is 8” deep and the other is almost 9” . I find most of the hits turn up kitchen drawer dividers or dinky little things meant for lingerie or
socks. I will use these drawers for pajamas, knit shirts, out of season clothes like shorts, etc. No little things at all.

I tried fitting plastic boxes (like shoe boxes, but a bit taller and larger) in the drawers, but there was a lot of wasted space, plus the angled sides also waste space and would impede rolling the items and standing them up, which is the plan. I find rolling works better for me than folding: I can see what I have without having to rummage.

I have never tried the soft-sided kind, and not sure if those would work or fit.

To keep me on track with categories and not messing up the drawer, I need a lot of dividers. Ideally, I would
run them all front to back. That could really add up. I estimate 5+ per drawer, and I have 6 drawers to do.

I would welcome home-made suggestions as well. I once tried just duct-taping corrugated cardboard in, but that didn’t last long.

Thanks very much for your help.

Comments (12)