SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dana_skubonnatale

Paint Color Help Needed for Dark Living Room

Dana Natale
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We just moved into a house with a dark brown living room color. There is a fire place at one end that is next to the front door. The pictures are from the listing, so none of the furniture is ours. We have a grey sectional. There are four windows in the room but it still isn’t that bright during the day because of how dark the color feels. At night, the room color is so dark that it feels like we are in a basement. I am trying to pick out a color that will brighten the room. I tend to go towards blues as navy blue is my favorite color, so I’m looking for a grey or blue. The room is large and I’m afraid that too much blue will look sterile or like a bathroom. I have tried Sherwin Williams Silver Strand and it looks like white. (I tried Silver Strand upstairs and it looks amazing.) I’m toying with idea of either putting up crown molding or wainscoting below the chair rail. The two pictures of a grey blue room uploaded are pictures I found online, but can’t figure out the exact color. I’m so bad at choosing anything decorative and could really use help. Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)