Any Anglophiles out there?
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (57)
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Any Cut-Out Cookie Experts Out There?
Comments (11)I'm not an expert, but the Monkey Princess, Bruvver and I always bake cookies. This is the recipe I usually use, although the kids like a different recipe that's "puffier". It's harder to frost the cookies, though, if they are puffy, and they don't hold their shape as well. These rise, so they don't hold indentations and such as well as a cookie with less leavening, but they have a nice flavor: Sour Cream Sugar Cookies 1 cup butter 2 cups sugar 3 eggs 1 cup sour cream 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon vanilla 4 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. Combine baking soda and sour cream. 2. Cream butter and sugar. 3. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each. 4. Blend in vanilla. 5. Blend in sour cream and baking soda. 6. Combine baking powder and flour and add to sour cream mixture. 7. Refrigerate until easy to handle, usually at least an hour. 8. Roll out dough about 1/2 inch thick and cut into shapes. 9. Bake at 325º for 8-10 minutes, or until light brown. I just use a powdered sugar type icing for decorating with the kids, but if I wanted something very precise I'd go with a royal icing so I could pipe an outline and then fill it in. Good luck, those cookies in that link are very cute. I can't imagine doing all the writing on that "accepted" letter, though! Annie...See Moreany bucks county soapstoners out there- any tips?
Comments (7)I only wish I had visited the shop to pick out my extras. The shop is so amazing-I definitely could not have put everything in my budget. My daughter broke her arm the day I was supposed to visit and I ended up doing everything over the phone so I could stay on schedule. I wish I had chosen the solid sink with the bowed front and medallion (My mom just got that) and I wish I had seen the Franklin edge in person. Somehow I would have fit that into the budget, but probably not the sink. You don't need any tips. They run a flawless operation there, all the way from from the computer template process to the invisible seams at the install. Plus they installed my counters only 48 hours after the template (I live several hours away too.) Good Luck. You will be impressed!...See MoreQuestion for Vee and/or Anglophiles
Comments (49)Rosefolly and Colleen, we grow black, red and white currants in our veggie garden and certainly the birds will eat them given half a chance. If we have enough we turn the reds into jelly, traditionally served with roast lamb/mutton or jugged-hare. We generally freeze them 'whole' and add them to apple sauce (from our own cooking apples) which is reheated and added to cereal at breakfast. A few berries eaten raw as part of a fruit salad are fine, but they need cooking as the taste can be too strong. Our area used to be a prime location for blackcurrant growing, part of a Govt scheme to provided vitamin C for children from the late 1930's run by the company Ribena. As children we used to love this stuff. It came in a bottle of concentrated fruit juice which had to be 'watered down'. Good taken in hot water for winter colds etc. Now is tastes nothing like the original and is more like 'pop' with a horrible metallic, chemically enriched flavour. The company, along with many others producing 'soft drinks' has been forced to lower the sugar levels following Govt 'advice' about obesity Ribena Info . .. pretty pics but may contain adverts!...See MoreQuestions for Anglophiles
Comments (35)Annette, your video made me search for southern VA. accents because my whole family is from VA except for myself and my brother. I swear I could never understand a word they said. I was constantly saying "Pardon?" This short video explains what I had to deal with. My mom kept her accent until the day she died, after living in OK since she was about 23. She did have a lot of silent "R's."...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDESArranging Furniture? Tape it Out First!
Here's how to use painter's tape to catch any interior space-planning mistakes early
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDES6 Wonderfully Easy Roses for Any Gardener
Look like an expert even if you're just starting out, with these low-maintenance gems of the rose world
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESRound Out Your Home and Garden With Spheres
Circular pillows, spheres as art and rounded lighting fixtures are just a few ways to add graceful curves to any decor or landscape
Full Story
PATTERNCheck Out Plaid Prints
Classic and comforting, plaid can go traditional, modern or any direction in between. Here, 12 inspiring ways to work it into your home
Full Story
ACCESSORIESDecorating Details: Antlers Branch Out
Antler-inspired décor brings a touch of animal chic to just about any interior style
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGN8 Ways to Bring Modern Design to Any Outdoor Space
Break out of the box with these creative ideas for contemporary plantings and hardscapes
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGGet Those Carpet Stains Out: Best Nontoxic Methods for Spot Cleaning
Banish blotches the safe way with pantry staples, to get your rugs looking as clean as the day they came home
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESRoll Out the Red Carpet for a Garden That's a Smash Hit
Unabashedly attention getting, red flowers and foliage perk up lackluster gardens faster than you can say, "Action"
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESAsk an Architect: How Can I Carve Out a New Room Without Adding On?
When it comes to creating extra room, a mezzanine or loft level can be your best friend
Full Story
LIFEWe Can Work It Out: Living (and Cleaning) Together
Run a household without fussing and fighting with these ideas for how to work together on household chores
Full Story
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)