SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pvharv

Does this kitchen layout work?

Paige H
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are in the process of remodeling a home and are working on the final kitchen layout. Does the below layout work?

I've received comments that having the stove, sink, and fridge all on one wall is too much crammed in one area....but then I get the same feedback from the same designers, saying that it's a really long wall, like a big space and lots to work with. Measurements right now go:

-15 3/4" cabinet

-30" stove

-30" cabinet

-33" sink cabinet

-24" dishwasher

-15 3/4" cabinet

-Counter-depth fridge

-Walk-in pantry

I know it does not follow the traditional kitchen "triangle" (it's more of a single-wall or Pullman style) and apparently dishwashers can't go to the right of the sink, like we have it now...but we are trying to work around two features:

1) We do not want the sink or stove top in the island; that's a pet peeve.

2) We do not want too much of the kitchen past the line of site when you enter. We want it mostly centered within the area that you can see upon entering the home vs. the kitchen extending (going, going, gone) around the corner.

We're also trying to keep it "balanced" with the range hood on the left, fridge on the right, 48" window in the morning.

Thoughts or advice?

(Note in the floorplan the appliance locations are off; ignore that and just focus on general layout within home :))

Comment (1)