SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blondelle

IKEA'S 25 year warranty - fact or fiction?

blondelle
6 years ago
IKEA told me several times that if a door gets damaged and they can't replace it that they will give you all new doors IF you have the receipt. And the tooth fairy is real... right? Reading the complaints on the pissed consumer website is a wakeup call. Basically they said IKEA is saying they can't do anything. Has ANYONE gotten IKEA to replace all the doors if they can't replace a damaged one? Consumer Reports said their 25 year warranty is a joke.

Read the reviews on Cliq too. Another wakeup call. Photos of cracked painted doors and chipped paint. Lots of quality control issues and wrong orders. Paint wearing off after a few years. Their factory being shut down for toxicity issues. Loads of formaldehyde in the product even with the certifications, no after care, bad CS...etc.

OK, so I checked Kraftmaid. More quality control issues, photos of paint peeling off in sheets...oye! What's someone in need of a new kitchen to do? 14 cabinets for almost $7,000 in MDF? Even if you spend more, you still can't win. We have wood framed cabinets and wood in another home that are 58 years old and still look ok, although of course dated. I think they are maple.

So kitchen gurus, what's the answer? Something's gotta hold up that marble look quartz! www.pissedconsumer.com. Read it and weep!

Comments (64)